JOB DESCRIPTION: Warehouse Assistant
The Warehouse Assistant is responsible for the processing of items of stock for store replenishment as well as the packing of items for direct despatch to customers, plus any ad-hoc duties required in the main warehouse in Stevenage.
Roles and responsibilities
- Use of Warehouse Stock Management System (JSSM)
- Scanning/checking of stock and stock look up
- Goods receiving/processing
- Integral function of goods receiving section.
- Checking of stock, barcode labelling, overs/unders against suppliers packing list.
- Book product in on JSSM WMS.
- Stock Put Away
- Maintaining stock integrity during put away to include incoming stock from suppliers, shops or customer returns.
- Picking of Stock
- Picking of stock items to fulfil customer orders or shop replenishments
- Order charging
- Checking of items prior to packing and charging to generate despatch documentation
- Collation of despatch label, invoice and items for final packing
- Checking of items against invoice
- Packing items for despatch against agreed guidelines to ensure customer experience is enhanced when customers receive their purchase(s)
- Segregation of packages into UK and foreign addresses
- Other Warehouse duties
- Assisting as and when required with driving of company vehicle
- Any other ad hoc duties as deemed necessary for the needs of the business.
- General warehouse housekeeping – cleaning of workstations daily, hoovering, neat storage of product in racking, emptying of bins etc
- Assist with annual stock take.
- High levels of accuracy
- Computer literate
- Ability to deliver against specified KPI’s/targets
- Good communication skills
- Clean driving licence with ability to drive Company vehicle throughout Central London area as and when required.
- Team player
Previous experience in a similar role desirable
Although this position will operate on daytime working hours there is a need for a flexible attitude toward working times as there may be occasions when the post holder will be required to commit to paid overtime. Although this role is within a warehouse environment, no heavy lifting is involved with this role.