The Marketing Manager will be responsible for researching, developing and implementing a marketing and brand strategy through offline and digital channels and be capable of driving this forward, overseeing all marketing activities, with full P & L responsibility in order to deliver incremental, profitable sales growth against agreed budgets.
The Marketing Manager reports to the Managing Director. The Digital Content & Social Media Executive and the Graphics team are direct reports to the Marketing Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Management of the catalogue mailing programme (house and cold mailing) and ad-hoc printed marketing activity in line with agreed budgets
- Overall responsibility for the production of all printed marketing material including inserts and catalogues by management of the Senior Graphic Designer and the Graphics team
- Achievement of mail order sales targets
- Oversee the relationship with external suppliers including data agency, mailing house and printers
- Management of the Digital Content & Social Media Executive to achieve agreed social media strategy with the aim of increasing our awareness following, our reach and our followers’ engagement.
- Oversee relationship with any appointed Brora PR agency to ensure PR objectives are set and met
- Oversee the sending out and return of all press sample requests, ensuring all dealt with in a timely manger and all samples are accounted for and returned in good condition
- Oversee the monitoring of target publications to ensure Brora profile is increased and enhanced.
- Management of the advertising budget
- Overall responsibility for the production of marketing material as required by the Head of Retail, to include in-store marketing events, and marketing campaigns for new store openings
- Oversee the in-house graphics department
- Manage the charity budget
- Any other ad hoc duties deemed necessary or the smooth running of the business.
- Marketing degree or proven extensive experience of managing strategic digital and offline marketing activities within a consumer brand
- Experience of managing a team with an understanding of HR processes and procedures including appraisals, management and the development/coaching of team members
- Commercial ability and experience of budget management
- Strong marketing project and campaign delivery expertise
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Confident and dynamic personality
- Strong creative outlook
- The role of Marketing Manager is a demanding one. The Marketing Manager must be analytical, results orientated, creative and with a very good eye for detail.
- The individual should have an ability to build trust, communicate effectively, collaborate with others and demonstrate high integrity.
- Whilst normal daytime working hours apply to this position, the Marketing Manager must demonstrate a flexible approach to working times in order to meet the needs of the department and deadlines.
To apply send cv to firstname.lastname@example.org