Graphic Designer Job Description
The Graphic Designer is responsible for providing design input to all marketing ventures, keeping a keen eye on the brand image as promoted by marketing material, and working on all design related projects more specifically detailed below.
The Graphic Designer reports to the Senior Graphic Designer and works as a team with the Graphics and Web teams.
Roles and responsibilities
- Direct Marketing
- Working closely with the Senior Graphic Designer, design and preparing print ready brochure and website artwork as required throughout the year – main, mini and sale catalogues and press look book
- Working with the Senior Graphic Designer to ensure that all printed and web collateral accurately represents the brand
- Assisting with the conceptualisation of the images/designs for the brochures and website
- Liaising with printers and going on press as and when required, ensuring the colour accuracy of all brochures
- Designing any mailing inserts which may be required
- Oversee styling of the clothes for the studio shoot for both the web and brochures where necessary
- Taking studio photographs, as and when required
- Able to retouch and colour correct studio and lifestyle imagery to match the cutouts as closely as possible
- Designing and implementing e-mailers, website artwork
- Working closely with the Visual Merchandising Manager to design any visual merchandising projects according to the brief supplied. This will include all vinyl’s, in-store promotions and window displays
- Designing any shop signage, packaging, swing tags, labels and all branded marketing materials required.
Being responsible for producing and supplying artwork or material for any advertising campaigns.
Working with the Marketing team to develop and enhance future marketing campaigns.
Any other duties deemed necessary to ensure the smooth running of the Department and the Company.
- The Graphic Designer must have a keen eye for design and detail and be familiar with all necessary computer programs (Adobe Suite, Office Suite) needed to fulfill the role.
- The Graphic Designer must work as a member of the Marketing team to develop and enhance future marketing campaigns ensuring the most positive commercial outcome without jeopardising the brand ethics.
- Whilst normal daytime working hours apply to this position, the Graphic Designer must demonstrate a flexible approach to working hours in order to meet the needs of the department and deadlines.