Full-Time Assistant Manager Advert
Assistant Manager required within store. Full time staff work 37.5 hours a week and Brora stores are open seven days a week.
- To proactively assist the Manager to manage the performance of the store by leading and motivating the team, setting high standards of store presentation and service levels. To assist the Manager in being responsible for all operations and the health and safety of the store/area. To assist the Manager to recruit and retain a high performance team through effective recruitment, coaching and management skills. Assisting the Manager to develop staff to achieve their maximum potential in order to minimise staff turnover and ensure effective succession planning for key staff throughout the Company.
- One year’s experience in a supervisory position or a role managing a team of people within a store or department store is essential. This experience with a luxury retailer would be desirable.
Competencies (Knowledge & Skills)
- Proven track record of supervisor and leadership skills.
- To have had experience/exposure of achieving budgets and targets (financial and customer).
- Understanding of the Brora brand, stores and who the Brora customer is. To have visited at least one store.
- Ability to work under pressure and with KPI’s
- Understand how to use delegation to improve team performance and how to promote a fun working environment and still motivate team members.
- Knowledge of what constitutes excellent customer service within teams
- Understanding the importance of high standards in store of VM, grooming and housekeeping
- Good written and verbal communication skills to include experience of writing reports/reporting on data. Basic computer/IT skills also required.
- Experience of working to deadlines
- Experience of problem solving and using initiative
- Ability to work to targets (financial or customer
- Recognition and understand of competitors and the retail market in general.
Other Personal Attributes
- Have led or assisted to lead a team of at least two people with budgetary success
- Great passion, understanding and enthusiasm of the brand, stores and customer
- Thrives working under pressure
- Understanding of disciplinary procedures
- Interest in fashion and current trends
- Flexible and team player
- Shows good initiative and problem solving skills
- Smart appearance/well groomed
- Enthusiastic with a can do attitude
- Good time keeper
- Outgoing and confident
To view full job description, click here.
To apply send cv to firstname.lastname@example.org