Design Assistant (Knitwear)
Design Assistant (Knitwear) Head Office – Stevenage
A vacancy has arisen for a Design Assistant (Knitwear) in the Design team of Brora Head Office based in Stevenage in Hertfordshire, assisting with the growing collection of Ladies, Children’s and Men’s knitwear clothing, and accessories (knitted and woven). The role will report to the Senior Designer (Knitwear).
- A degree in fashion knitwear or textiles (specialising in knit)
- Sound technical knitwear knowledge
- Adobe CS6 with emphasis on Illustrator
- Microsoft office
- Strong organisational skills
- Good communication skills
What you'll do
- Your day-to-day tasks will usually include:
- Creating and re-colouring fair isle patterns
- producing technical sketches and range sheets
- sourcing buttons and trimmings
- creating mood, shape and trend boards
- working closely with factories and suppliers
- participating in meetings with suppliers and creative director
- creating knitwear cutouts
- daily admin
- Good communicator
- Able to work under pressure
- Team player
- Has drive and enthusiasm
- Willingness to learn
Hours of Work
Hours are 9.00 am to 5.30 pm 5 days per week.
In addition to salary, Brora offers a generous staff discount scheme (once employment confirmed) as well as a Company bonus and long service awards.
- Brora is a fast expanding luxury brand offering fine Scottish cashmere and beautiful clothing.
- Further information on this role can be obtained from Sue Ashton, Office Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org, to whom all applications for this role should be made.
- Unfortunately we are not able to acknowledge every application and will only contact successful candidates for initial interview.
To view full job description, click here.